vice president of the United States from 1801 to 1805, lived (1756–1836)
- The rule of my life is to make business a pleasure and pleasure my business.
- Letter to Pichon, reported in Marshall Brown, Wit and Humor of Bench and Bar (1899), p. 67.
- Simple: The rule of my life is to make by job easy and happy.
- On that subject I am coy.
- Last words; Burr was an atheist. His last words were a response to the efforts of his friend, Reverend P.J. Van Pelt, to get Burr to state that there was a God. Reported in Holmes Moss Alexander, Aaron Burr: The Proud Pretender (1937), p. 356.
- Simple: I am shy about that.