vice president of the USA (1801-5), lived (1756-1836)
Aaron Burr, Jr. (February 6, 1756 – September 14, 1836) was the 3rd Vice President of the United States under Thomas Jefferson. He is also famous for killing Alexander Hamilton in a duel.
- The rule of my life is to make business a pleasure and pleasure my business.
- Letter to Pichon, reported in Marshall Brown, Wit and Humor of Bench and Bar (1899), p. 67.
- Simple: The rule of my life is to make by job easy and happy.
- On that subject I am coy.
- Last words; Burr was an atheist. His last words were a response to the efforts of his friend, Reverend P.J. Van Pelt, to get Burr to state that there was a God. Reported in Holmes Moss Alexander, Aaron Burr: The Proud Pretender (1937), p. 356.
- Simple: I am shy about that.