president of the United States from 1861 to 1865
Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 12, 1865) was the 16th President of the United States and led the country during the American Civil War.
- "The better part of one's life consists of his friendships."
- Simple: One of the best parts of a person's life is having friends.
- "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."
- Simple: I believe, very much, in the people. When the people have the truth, they are always able to make things go right when any big problem happens in the country. The most important thing is to tell the people the things that are really true.
- ↑ In a letter to Joseph Gillespie (July 13, 1849)
- ↑ "Stories That Changed America". Google Books. Retrieved on February 16, 2009