17th-century English playwright, poet, and actor
Ben Jonson (11 June 1572 – 6 August 1637) was a major poet and playwright in English Renaissance drama.
- ”Art hath an enemy called Ignorance.”
- Simple: Ignorance is an enemy of art.
- ”There shall be no love lost.”
- Simple: No love shall be lost.
- ”The world knows only two,—that's Rome and I.”
- Simple: The world knows only Rome and I.
- ”Calumnies are answered best with silence.”
- Simple: The best way to answer slanders is to be silent.
- “He was not of an age, but for all time.”
- Simple: He was not just for one age; He was for all time.