British philosopher and polymath (1872–1970)
Bertrand Arthur William Russell, 3rd Earl Russell (May 18, 1872 – February 2, 1970) was one of the world's best-known intellectuals. He was a thinker, logician, and mathematician.
- ”The only thing that will redeem mankind is co-operation.”
- Simple: Humans will be in a better position if they cooperate each other.
- ”As soon as we abandon our own reason, and are content to rely upon authority, there is no end to our troubles.”
- Simple: We will always have troubles if we give up our own reason and obey an authority.
- “I am as firmly convinced that religions do harm as I am that they are untrue.”
- Simple: I am equally sure about the falsehood and harmfulness of religions.
- “Most people would die sooner than think — in fact they do so.”
- Simple: Most people would prefer to die than to think. And many do indeed die before they think.
- ”The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.”
- Simple: Good life is inspired by love and it is guided by knowledge.