Franklin D. Roosevelt
president of the United States from 1933 to 1945
Franklin Delano Roosevelt (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945) was the 32nd President of the United States.
- "Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort."
- Simple: Money will not make you happy. Doing something good will give you joy.
- "Every time an artist dies, part of the vision of mankind passes with him."
- Simple: Every time an artist dies, part of the vision of people dies with him.
- ↑ First Inaugural Address (March 4, 1933)
- ↑ Quoted in Peter's Quotations: Ideas for Our Time. Laurence J. Peter. Bantam Books, New York NY, USA. 1977/1979.