Franklin D. Roosevelt
U.S. American politician, 32nd president of the United States (1882-1945)
- "Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort."
- Simple: Money will not make you happy. Doing something good will give you joy.
- "Every time an artist dies, part of the vision of mankind passes with him."
- Simple: Every time an artist dies, part of the vision of people dies with him.
- First Inaugural Address (March 4, 1933)
- Quoted in Peter's Quotations: Ideas for Our Time. Laurence J. Peter. Bantam Books, New York NY, USA. 1977/1979.