strong, positive emotion based on affection
Love is a very strong kind of affection. When someone loves another person, they feel good about the person and want the person to be happy.
| More reliable sources are needed for some or all quotes on this page.
You can help Simple English Wikiquote by adding reliable sources.
- "Where there is love, distance doesn't matter." – Mata Amritanandamayi
- Simple: People will travel anywhere to be with the one they love.
- "We must love one another or die." – W. H. Auden
- Simple: Everyone has to love one another or we as a people will die.
- "Love is a battlefield." – Pat Benatar
- Simple: Love is always a battle. It is never easy.
- "Love thy neighbor as thyself."
- Simple: Love your neighbor as you would love yourself.
- "Take away love, and our earth is a tomb." – Robert Browning
- Simple: Without love, people as a whole will die.
- "There are never enough I Love You's." – Lenny Bruce
- Simple: You can never show enough love to someone else.
- "The more you judge, the less you love." – Honore de Balzac
- Simple: The harder you are on someone, the less you love them.
- ↑ Telemedicine at Amrita Institute.
- ↑ Sculpin.
- ↑ Love is a battlefield lyrics.
- ↑ The Bible, Leviticus 19:18
- ↑ Quotes from QuoteDB.
- ↑ Quotes by Lenny Bruce.
- ↑ Quotes by Honore De Balzac.
- Love on Wikipedia
- Love on Wiktionary