Indian nationalist leader and nonviolence advocate (1869–1948)
| More reliable sources are needed for some or all quotes on this page.
You can help Simple English Wikiquote by adding reliable sources.
- "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave."
- "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."
- Simple: A few determined people who have a strong faith in their mission can change the course of history.
- "Be the change you want to see in the world."
- Simple: If you want to change the world, start with yourself.
- "There is no love if there is no heart."
- "That action alone is just that does not harm either party to a dispute."
- Simple: The only fair thing to do, when two people are arguing, is something that does not hurt one person and also does not hurt the other person.
- "But the Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher's knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs."
- "To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is man's injustice to woman. If by strength is meant brute strength, then, indeed, is woman less brute than man. If by strength is meant moral power, then woman is immeasurably man's superior."
- Simple: It is wrong to say that women are not as good as men, because women are smarter and better than men.
- Leading Professional Learning Communities, pg. 42. Shirley M. Hord, William A. Sommers. Published by Corwin Press, 2007
- Peter's Quotations: Ideas for Our Time. Laurence J. Peter. Bantam Books, New York NY, USA. 1977/1979.
- The Life of Mahatma Gandhi (1950) by Louis Fischer
- Young India (4 October 1930)