Scottish poet and lyricist (1759–1796)
Robert Burns (January 25, 1759 – July 21, 1796) was a poet from Scotland.
- Scottish dialect: "O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!"
- English: Oh would some power the gift give us, To see ourselves as others see us.
- Simple: I wish for a power to give us this gift: Being able to see ourselves the way other people see us.
- ↑ Poems And Songs Of Robert Burns, transcribed by Project Gutenberg
- ↑ "Aphorisms & Quotes", collected by F. W. Elwell
- Robert Burns on Wikipedia
- Robert Burns on Wikimedia Commons
- Works by Robert Burns on the English Wikisource